It includes two sections: the Archaeological site and the Central sector of Nguyễn’s Dynasty of Hanoi. If you want to explore more about the history of Hanoi under different periods, this must be an excellent destination for you.
- These are 8 things you can try at this site:
- Know about different types of dragons under Vietnamese dynasties.
- Visit 2 bunkers of the Vietnamese People’s Army which were used during the wartime.
- Rent traditional clothes of Vietnam for taking photos.
- Visit the Hanoi Flag Tower: This tower was built in 1812 and served as a symbol of Hanoi’s independence. You can climb to the top of the tower to enjoy panoramic views of the city.
- Visit the Archaeological Site: In the year 2002, a large number of relics were discovered at the citadel, dating back to the 7th century. You can explore the archaeological site to learn more about these ancient artifacts.
- Visit the Imperial Garden: This garden is a beautiful oasis within the citadel and is home to a wide variety of plant and animal life. You can take a stroll through the garden to enjoy its beauty and tranquility.
- Attend a cultural event: The citadel often hosts cultural events such as traditional music and dance performances, festivals, and art exhibitions. Check the schedule before you visit to see if there are any events taking place during your visit.
- Take a guided tour: To get the most out of your visit, consider taking a guided tour of the citadel. A travelmate can provide you with a deeper understanding of the citadel’s history and architecture. Hanoikids has just opened a brand new tour option in the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long. Join us HERE to extend your information about this wonderful site.