CITY TOUR “HOW I MET MY HANOI”
THE UNMISSABLE EVENT FOR UNIVERSITY FRESHMEN
[Vietnamese Version: Click here]
City Tour “How I Met My Hanoi” is a sight-seeing event organized for all university freshmen by Hanoikids Voluntary English Club on three days: 20th, 23rd and 24th August 2014. Divided into smaller teams and guided by Hanoikids members, they will have the opportunity to walk about and appreciate Hanoi’s beauty, especially one hidden deep inside the Old Quarter, and gather knowledge about its history, culture and life style.
For more information please refer below.
I. ORGANIZER’S OBJECTIVES
Upon hosting this event, Hanoikids is aimed to:
– Provide students during their first stay here with knowledge about the history and culture of Hanoi, encourage them to overcome their shyness and gain maximum confidence in starting their own rosy student life
– Pass essential knowledge about studying and living in Hanoi with our “Hanoi Handbook”
– Create an opportunity for the university freshmen to meet up, make acquantances and share
– Encourage Vietnamese youth’s historical and cultural learning spirit
– Hold a successful annual event, which belong to a series of events of the club in accordance with the club’s cultural developing orientation
II. THOROUGH INFORMATION ABOUT TOURS
1. Target audience
– Students who start studying at Universities and Colleges in Hanoi at the school year of 2014-2015 and wish to learn more about Hanoi
2. Timeline and Detailed Content
– Time: 8 am – 11.30 am, on 20th, 23rd and 24th August 2014
– Starting point and Finishing point: Ly Thai To Statue
– Itinerary: main streets in Old Quarter
b. Detailed Content
– Tours are scheduled to start at 8.30 am at Ly Thai To Statue besides Returned Sword Lake. Each team one by one will walk down the main streets of Old Quarter. During tours, Hanoikids members will introduce the streets and their highlights with the knowledge and skills just as enthusiastically as they are mating foreign guests. Remarkably, there will be stop for a break where freshmen can savor Old Quarter cuisine. The trip around Old Quarter will end at about 10.45 am. Afterwards, the teams will participate in fun sharing and team-bonding activities till 11.30 am. The event for each day officially ends then.
– Students that apply for the same day should be divided into teams and guided by Hanoikids members
– Language used during tours: Vietnamese
3. Event registration
– Tickets are available online at the address: http://hanoikids.sukien360.net/
– Resgistration is welcomed for one of three days: 20th, 23rd and 24th August 2014
b. Buying Ticket
– Ticket price: 50,000 VND
– Selling Period:
+ Tour on August 20th, 2014: to 11.59 pm, August 18th, 2014
+ Tour on August 23rd, 2014: to 11.59 pm, August 21st, 2014
+ Tour on August 24th, 2014: to 11.59 pm, August 22nd, 2014
– Register can pay in form of cell phone charging cards of Viettel, Mobi, Vina. Refer to the image here for better understanding.
c. Using Ticket
– After successful registration, register will be sent all e-tickets through provided email. There are two ways to check-in with e-tickets: printing e-tickets or using mobile phone. Refer to the image here for better understanding.
– Each ticket is valid for one use only
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Hotline: 01663564498 ( Ms. Thùy)
– Fanpage: www.facebook.com/hanoikids.org
– Participators are expected to comply with the tour timeline. In case of any change, they must inform to the person in charge in Hanoikids.
– Participators are expected to self-support his/ her expense in travalling to starting venue Ly Thai To Park
– Participators should travel with light belongings and have to self-preserve their belongings during the whole tour.
III. GENERAL INTRODUTION ABOUT ORGANIZER HANOIKIDS VOLUNTARY ENGLISH CLUB
Hanoikids, established in May 2006, is a volunteer enlish club founded and administrated by student from various universities in Hanoi. The club’s vision is to provide students opportunities to hone their English`s skills through guiding foreign tourists around Hanoi. Hence, each member of our club not only has a favourable environment but also actively contribute to the development of Vietnam tourism image and encourage Vietnamese youth’s cultural values learning and preserving spirit.