Hanoi city is known as one of the most beautiful old city with more than 1000 years history.
Here are 10 things that travelers must try in this city:
- Wandering around the Old Quarter: This is where Hanoian lifestyle is best shown. Also, foreigners can enjoy a lot of mini shows and traditional folk games which taken place here on weekends. A short walk in the Old Quarter can provide you with glimpses of what local life was about hundreds of years ago
- Discovering Hanoi’s corners: Visiting famous sites such as Temple of Literature, Ho Chi Minh Complex, Hoa Lo prison, Museum of Ethnology… with local people. This will not only helps you to step yourself in history and legendary traditions but also to feel more about the people.
- Trying local foods and drinks: Hanoi is famous for local food such as Pho, Bun cha, egg coffee… They all have a long history and secret recipe, you just can feel to the fullest when eating and drinking in Vietnam. These will make your experience in Hanoi more
- Visiting the Night market: Held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Hanoi Weekend Night Market is a busy, bustling gathering of roadside stalls and local food vendors that brings huge crowds of locals and tourists. It runs through the Old Quarter district from 19:00 onwards, starting from Hang Dao Street and running north to the edge of Dong Xuan Market.
- Watching Vietnamese shows: One of the most interesting thing of Vietnam is the rich culture which is displayed in traditional shows such as water puppet, My Village…. By watching them, you can understand more about the tradition of Vietnam, contribute to keep them and you can also share them to your friends in your own countries.
- Enjoying street folk music: At the weekend, some streets in Hanoi’s Old Quarter are full of the sights and sounds of folk performances, attracting large crowds of visitors. If music expresses human feeling through sounds, folk music expresses the soul, culture and intellect of a nation. These melodies are more passionate when performed in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, a city with more than a thousand years of history. A tour of Hanoi is not complete, if you miss a folk music street performance.
- Having massage: Which can be better than being relaxed after a long trip or a long day discovering Hanoi. Midori Spa (60 Ngo Huyen, Hang Trong) and Mido Spa (26 Hang Manh) will probably the best options. Offerings include skincare and a variety of spa therapies to rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit. All services are performed by a skilled team of dedicated professionals. They are offering many Massage modalities, Body wraps, Spa packages, Facials, Peels, Waxes, Slimming and more.
- Trying motorbike: Streets in Vietnam seem to be crazy but it must be an interesting experience if you can try going on a motorbike like a real Vietnamese. You can rent the motorbike from local stores or ask local people for a motorbike tour. There will be some feeling that you can not find if just go on a car.
- Booking tours: you can book tours from Hanoi to other cities and provinces with some amazing reliable travel agents such as GP travel to have the best experience. GP Travel is a private-owned travel agency established in 2005. Their head office is located in the heart of Hanoi’s Old Quarter. Their missions are to find new places to visit, in order to create the most authentic and original tours. Unlike many operators, GP Travel makes you live a real Vietnamese experience.